Part Type: Remanufactured Engine Assembly (Factory Spec)
This remanufactured FORD 6.4L engine includes the following enhancements from Fraser Engines:
- Bore and hone all cylinders to OEM clearances (We check all clearances within .0001 of inch),
- Decking cylinder head(s) and block for straightness,
- Cutting valve seats and valves to proper degree,
- Line boring/honing crankshaft/camshaft tunnels,
- Ground & polish crankshaft, new or remanufactured camshaft(s),
- New main bearings, rod bearings, pistons, piston rings, lifters, pushrods (if equipped), timing components, oil pump, head bolts,
- All new internal gaskets and seals.
- All finishing gaskets are included (MAY VARY PER APPLICATION).
FORD 6.4L Engines
The FORD 6.4L 2008-2010 engine is a V8 diesel engine designed specifically for Super Duty trucks from the Ford Motor Company.
The base engine consists of:
A cast-iron engine block and cylinder head
Dual Overhead Camshafts (DOHC)
High-pressure common rail fuel injection system
Turbocharged with dual variable geometry turbos (VGTs)
The engine specifications include:
- A displacement of 391 cubic inches (6,390 cubic centimeters)
- 3.86 in x 4.13 in (98 mm x 105 mm) cylinder bore and piston stroke
- 17.5:1 compression ratio
- 350 horsepower (261 kW) at 3,000 rpm
- 650 lb-ft (881 Nm) of torque at 2,000 rpm
The FORD 6.4L 2008-2010 engine was first introduced in 2008, replacing the previous 6.0L Power Stroke engine. It was designed with the goal of improving performance, reliability, and fuel efficiency. The engine features a high-pressure common rail fuel injection system, allowing for more precise and efficient fuel delivery. It also features dual variable geometry turbos (VGTs), which work together to provide improved boost response and overall performance.
The FORD 6.4L engine is used in various Super Duty trucks, including the F-250, F-350, F-450, and F-550. It was also used in certain E-Series vans and buses during this time period.