Part Type: Remanufactured Engine Assembly (Factory Spec)
This remanufactured 2010-2017 Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep 2.4L engine includes the following enhancements from Fraser Engines:
- Bore and hone all cylinders to OEM clearances (We check all clearances within .0001 of inch),
- Decking cylinder head(s) and block for straightness,
- Cutting valve seats and valves to proper degree,
- Line boring/honing crankshaft/camshaft tunnels,
- Ground & polish crankshaft, new or remanufactured camshaft(s),
- New main bearings, rod bearings, pistons, piston rings, lifters, pushrods (if equipped), timing components, oil pump, head bolts,
- All new internal gaskets and seals.
- All finishing gaskets are included (MAY VARY PER APPLICATION).
Chrysler 2.4L Engines
The Chrysler 2.4L (World Gas) is an 4-cylinder inline piston engine, designed for subcompact vehicles from Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep.
The base engine consists of:
- An all-aluminum engine block and cylinder head
- Dual overhead camshafts (DOHC)
- Variable Valve Timing (VVT)
- Multi-port fuel injection
The engine specifications include:
- A displacement of 144 cubic inches (2,360 cc)
- 3.46 in x 3.82 in (88 mm x 97 mm) cylinder bore and piston stroke
- 10.5:1 compression ratio
- 172 horsepower (128 kW) at 6,000 rpm
- 165 lb-ft (223.7 Nm) of torque at 5,200 rpm
The engineers who designed the 2.4 Tigershark created an engine that is primed for performance with its high-pressure die-cast aluminum cylinder block and his lightweight ladder frame, forged steel crankshaft and powder-forged connecting rods. They even included rotating balance shafts to offset vibration from all those spinning components. To top it off, hard carbon coated piston pins are full floating while oil squirters keep things running cool under pressure - an impressive combination no doubt.
The Chrysler 2.4L engine is a dependable powerhouse in the automotive world, consistently providing drivers with superior fuel efficiency and reliability while featuring an accessible build that makes maintenance simpler than ever. Its applications have been seen across various models including those from brands like Dodge and Jeep - such as the Avenger, Sebring, Compass and more!